NR 351 Week 1 Assignment Time Management Plan Professionalism Recent
Time Management Plan Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the learner to use effective strategies to manage time as a professional nurse and online student.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO #3.Demonstrate effective verbal,written,and technological communication using legal and ethical standards for transferring knowledge using success resources provided to Chamberlain students.(PO#3)
CO #4. Integrate critical thinking and judgment in professional decision-makingin collaboration with faculty and peers. (PO#4)
CO #5. Apply concepts of professionalism when planning for personal,intellectual,and professional development. (PO#5)
CO #9.Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional development by assessing information and technology competence,implementing plans for up grading technology skills, and using effective strategies for online student success using resources provided to Chamberlain students. (PO#5)
Submit the assignment to theWeek1Dropboxby Sunday,11:59 p.m.MT.
This assignment is worth a total of175points.
PREPARING THE TIME MANAGEMENT PLAN
1. Carefully read this document (Time Management Plan Guidelines),including the Rubric.
2. From Doc Sharing, download the Time Management Plan Template. Rename that document as Your Last Name Time Management Plan.docx. Save into your own computer or flash drive in a location where you will be able to retrieve it later. Type your assignment directly on the saved document. Remember that only Microsoft Word 2010 oralater version is acceptable. The document must be saved as a .docx. Save your work frequently as you type to prevent loss of your work.
3. As you prepare your Time Management Plan, consider your own life. When do you work, sleep, and spend time with family and friends? How will the addition of online course work impact your time management?
4. Complete the Time Management Plan with your schedule for an upcoming course week. Be sure to consider all of the activities that you will do during that week. Work on this assignment duringWeek1. Don’t wait until the due date to begin your work!
5. An example of a plan may be found at the end of this document.
6. Select one of the following Nurses of the Future Nursing Core Competencies (NOF NCC) as the topic of your Professional Paper to be completed later in the course:
7. Be sure to answer all of the questions in addition to completing the grid.
8. When your assignment is complete, save and close the document. Enter the course and submit the document as an attachment to the Week 1 Drop box. See the Week 1 Assignments page for step-by-step instructions on how to use the Drop box.
Time Management Plan Template
Student Name: Date:
1. Carefully read the Time Management Plan Guidelines found in Doc Sharing. This provides specific details on how to complete this assignment.
2. Rename this document by clicking Save As. Change the file name so it reads Your Last Name Time Management Plan.docx. For example, if your last name is Smith, type Smith Time Management Plan.docx.
3. Save the document as a .docx compatible with Microsoft Word 2010 or later.
4. Type your name and date at the top of this template.
5. Type your answers directly on the template. Follow all instructions. Save frequently to prevent loss of your work.
6. Prior to the due date, post questions about this assignment to the Q& A Forum so your classmates can read the advice, too. You may also e-mail questions to your instructor.
7. Submit to the Dropbox by the end of Week 1, Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT.
Times Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
12 a.m.–1 a.m.
1 a.m.–2 a.m.
2 a.m.–3 a.m.
3 a.m.–4 a.m.
4 a.m.–5 a.m.
5 a.m.–6 a.m.
6 a.m.–7 a.m.
7 a.m.–8 a.m.
8 a.m.–9 a.m.
9 a.m.–10 a.m.
10 a.m.–11 a.m.
11 a.m.–12 p.m.
12 p.m.–1 p.m.
1 p.m.–2 p.m.
2 p.m.–3 p.m.
3 p.m.–4 p.m.
4 p.m.–5 p.m.
5 p.m.–6 p.m.
6 p.m.–7 p.m.
7 p.m.–8 p.m.
8 p.m.–9 p.m.
9 p.m.–10 p.m.
10 p.m.–11 p.m.
11 p.m.–12 a.m.
Professional Paper Topic Selection(see Rubric)
Which one of the NOF NCC from page 1 of the Time Management Plan Guidelines do you select as the topic of your Professional Paper?
Self-Evaluation: Challenges (see Rubric)
What are your greatest challengeswith time management?
Self-Evaluation: Strategies (see Rubric)
What strategieswill you use to overcome these challenges?